The Beatles - Penny Lane



The Beatles - Penny Lane
Mostly filmed in Knole Park, Sevenoaks, Kent - but also in London with The Beatles and in Liverpool - without the Beatles. Directed by swedish film maker Peter Goldman.

Peter Goldman - A Swedish pop film maker, that worked for the Swedish Television during the 60's and 70's tells his story behind the making of 'Penny Lane' and 'Strawberry Fields Forever' -films.

"Everything went so fast. It wasn't until I sat on the plane for London I realised what I was up to. I felt the nervousity and the excitement crawling under the skin. How in the world should I be able to make something enough funny-bizzard-cleaver-crazy-sofisticated to satisfy The Beatles. It was there in the plane that I came up with the idea of the horses.

- What do you like horses? I asked The Beatles when I told them about my ideas before the filming of the promotion picture for 'Penny Lane'.

- Oh yeah! Horses. Our friends on the countryside have horses.

All four thought that they might

Share on Google Plus

About Beatles Video

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment