The Beatles - I'll Follow the Sun



The Beatles - I'll Follow the Sun
DIGITALLY REMASTERED FROM ORIGINAL LP



COPYRIGHT 1964 EMI LTD.



I'll Follow the Sun" is a song by The Beatles. It is a melancholy ballad featuring Paul McCartney as the lead vocalist. The song was written by Paul McCartney (credited to Lennon/McCartney.) The song was released on the Beatles for Sale album in 1964, but was written long before that year. (In the United States it appeared on the Beatles '65 album.) The song is somewhat of a cult favourite; it was released as a mono extended 45 in 1964 on Parlophone/EMI (and in 1995 as a B-side). The song's lyrics center around a man who feels he is unappreciated by a woman. The song is believed to be him giving her an ultimatum, and that, as the lyrics state, "One day, you'll look to see I've gone." There is an unwillingness on the part of the song's narrator that adds a tenderness and tragedy to his leaving: "And now the time has come, and so, my love, I must go. And though I lose a friend, in the end you will kno

Share on Google Plus

About Beatles Video

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment