BEATLES IN MIAMI BEACH- 13 Feb. 1964



BEATLES IN MIAMI BEACH- 13 Feb. 1964
I didn't take these pictures but I was there. I might or might not be in one of the crowd shots.

It was a surprise visit to 81st St. Beach for some quick publicity photos. The Beatles were in Miami to appear on the Ed Sullivan broadscast from the Deauville hotel, just down the road on Collins Avenue.

When the entourage, a limo and a car full of photographers, and about half a dozen lime-green Miami Beach police cars and motorcycle cops arrived I was one of only a few people at 81st St. beach, which at that time was mostly undeveloped.... I'll never forget how white and skinny and odd they looked in their little terrycloth robes.... within half an hour a crowd had developed, as people came running from both directions. I had no camera, or anything with me to get an autograph but I was able to shake hands with Starr and Harrison. The police quickly hustled them back to the motorcade as the crowd swelled. It was over in a flash.

The date of this is approximate but

Share on Google Plus

About Beatles Video

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment